“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.“Terry Pratchett
Explore with me on through the sights, sounds, tastes, and smells of China!
- 12 Quirky Things to Know Before You Visit China
- 10 Tips on Eating in China: A Guide to Chinese Table Manners
- Why Wearing a Green Hat Symbolizes Infidelity in China
- Why 666 is a lucky number in China
Places in China:
- Fujian Tulous
- Hangzhou (West Lake, Lingyin Temple, Fei Lai Feng Grottoes, Leifeng Pagoda, Hefang Street ) in the works!
- Hong Kong
- Leshan Giant Buddha, Sichuan Province
- Lishui, Zhejiang Province
- Nanjing (Sun Yatsen’s Mausoleum, City Wall, Nanjing Massacre Memorial, Yangtze River Bridge and the Confucius Temple) in the works!
- Shandong (Jinan, Qufu, and Tianshan Mountain) in the works!
Join me as I visit some familiar and not so familiar places!
New posts in your inbox.
Hi, I’m Steph. While working full-time as a literature and drama history teacher in China, I started this blog to share about my travel experiences and observations. Now, when I’m not spending time with my wonderful husband, I continue to write about travel, food, teaching, and identity politics. Read more